Parawhore Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summer Tic EP Mini Review

Go down

The Summer Tic EP Mini Review Empty The Summer Tic EP Mini Review

Post by Nourez Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:18 am

I just got my hand on The Summer Tic EP. For those of you who don't know, it was an EP that was sold on one of their AWKIF era tours. If you don't have it, it's not all that hard to get it off of Google. I just felt like giving it a quick little review, so here we go

Emergency (Crab Mix)

OK, the title here is a bit of a lie. It's actually not a mix at all. It falls somewhere in between a demo and alternate version. Basically, it's the song as the band had originally planned on releasing it. The guitar and drums are a little heavier, and there's Josh screaming in the background. They removed the screaming on AWKIF to make it more radio friendly, and made the guitar less heavy. In my opinion, this version is MILES better than the version of AWKIF. It's heavier, and the guitar and drums are fantastic. Josh's screaming just contrasts and complement's Hayley's perfectly in this version. I'm actually thinking it may be my favorite Paramore song. But, there's still 4 more track on the album

Oh Star (Full Band Version)

It's supposed to be a different version of the one on some copies of AWKIF, but I don't hear any difference. For those of you who haven't heard it, it's another ballad, and in my opinion, the best out of When It Rains, We Are Broken and itself (the three ballads). Plus, if any of you are zelda fans, I found this awesome video of it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2njsZZPRE . Basically, it feels like a AWKIF song, but it's more varied in style.

Stuck on You (Failure Cover)

It seems as though most of you have heard this one, but I'll still go ahead and post my thoughts. It's a nice cover. The vocals in this song are fantastic (I never knew she had so much vocal range), as are the guitars. I honestly don't have much else to say about it. Get this song.

This Circle (Demo)

It's a nice song, but not fantastic. It feels like a combination of something off of Riot! and something off of AWKIF. It's got the AWKIF feel but it's catchy like hell. Actually, this sound is kind of what I would have liked for them to use on Riot!, a little more poppy than AWKIF, but without going overboard. Drums are as usual, pretty damn good.

Overall, I'd say listen to the EP. It's sounds like something in between AWKIF and Riot (makes sense, it was released in between the two albums). It has that AWKIF feel to it, while it has the variety of Riot. This Circle is kind of a weak point on the song, but overall the other three songs more than make up for it.

Overall 8.5/10
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

https://parawhores.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum