Parawhore Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How content are you with RBs DLC recently?

+3
Nitz13
PsychoCheerio
Snitsky
7 posters

Go down

How content are you with RBs recent DLC releases?

How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Vote_lcap13%How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Vote_lcap0%How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Vote_lcap13%How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Vote_lcap63%How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Empty How content are you with RBs DLC recently?

Post by Snitsky Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:20 pm

And by recent I mean like um maybe since the week with the Rock band live pack up till whats coming out next week
Snitsky
Snitsky
Resident Creep

Back to top Go down

How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Empty Re: How content are you with RBs DLC recently?

Post by PsychoCheerio Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:43 pm

I think recently the only thing I haven't bought is Peace Sells since I don't play guitar and am not a big Megadeath fan either...
PsychoCheerio
PsychoCheerio

Back to top Go down

How content are you with RBs DLC recently? Empty Re: How content are you with RBs DLC recently?

Post by Nitz13 Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:05 pm

I love 90% of what comes out. I bought Moving Pictures, Peace Sells, BSSM, and most of the singles if you include next week I'll only have passed on Harvey Danger, Sleater Kenny and the 4 pack that came with Peace Sells.

I'm hard pressed to find a week where I don't buy anything. Very Happy
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by Snitsky Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:16 pm

I'm wondering

With people like you who say they actually usually buy at least something every week from RB

Do you have alot of money to waste or do you just honestly somehow love that much of the stuff they put out?

Also about full albums

Did you own any of them as the music versions before they got announced for RB?

Do you even care if charts are stupid and boring?
Snitsky
Snitsky
Resident Creep

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:29 pm

I do own BSSM and Moving Pictures. Peace sells I had heard a few times, but I own Rust In Peace from Megadeth so I bought it and it's great! a little on the tough side though. affraid That doesn't bother me though.

Honestly I don't look at charts I play the game because I enjoy music. Not to be the guy Fcing Through Fire and Flames. If I know the song and enjoy it I buy it. If I don't know the song I'll give it a listen and if it sounds decent ill pick it up.

Oh and money isn't an issue at this time. My parents have my university funds all saved up and I took a year off and just worked full time.
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by Snitsky Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Well my problem with alot of the DLC is

Yeah I do buy DLC if I enjoy the song even if it isn't the most exciting charts ever

But theres a problem with that

The problem is literally the only music I enjoy , is instrumentally great

The only exception to that is pop rock but still pop rock is usually very fun on drums

So theres a very limited ammount of songs I would buy for RB that aren't instrumentally nice

Examples of instrumentally lame stuff I actually have bought for RB are : Monsoon & They say and I honestly don't really play them either though I played monsoon a good ammount at 1st but got bored with it

And its like not only do I not listen to or enjoy instrumentally lame music it goes beyond that , if its even mediocre I don't enjoy it

Literally every band that I actually like and consider myself a fan of , if they were in RB would be in the upper tiers on at least 1 instrument though most of the time they would be in upper tiers on multiple instruments

I just honestly can't get into instrumentally lacking / lame / mediocre music on even just a listening level unless it has an extreme ammount of catchiness to redeem it

So because of that I hate what they put out as DLC almost all the time and week after week I see everyone being so happy about the DLC announcements while I sit there mad about it and it pisses me off and confuses me lol
Snitsky
Snitsky
Resident Creep

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:55 pm

Not to come off mean or anything, but I do feel sorry for you in a way. I actually am thankful I am able to enjoy such an amazing range of artists. Metal to Alt Rock to Pop Rock to Punk and everything in between. I do understand though you can't really help what you like either. You either like it or you don't.

Although the one true downfall of me having such a broad taste is I can ever truly say who is my favourite band. I get asked that all the time, and I can just never choose Rolling Eyes

I don't own Monsoon or They Say (ironically both one of the few songs I passed on) but to me sometimes the most simple riffs and beats can be just as good if not better. Also gives me more of an opportunity to "Rock Out" bang my head or jump around whatever...

Also a little off topic but, I've never understood how a band can be labeled "Technical" like my buddy at work whose into Opeth and Death metal and the like will some times use the term "Oh there a Technical Metal Band" I never understand it. confused
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by PsychoCheerio Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:23 pm

I think right now I'm up around 170 songs...and if there is another week where there wont be anything I like (which I actually can't remember the last time that happened) I just go look at the songs I haven't bought, generally there are a few I skipped for one reason or another, and just pick up a few of those...
PsychoCheerio
PsychoCheerio

Back to top Go down

Post by ricotheawesomecat Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:29 pm

I like a lot of it, I really don't buy everything but I try to get at least 3 songs a week, if anything bad comes out, I just go back and get something else.
ricotheawesomecat
ricotheawesomecat

Back to top Go down

Post by PsychoCheerio Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:13 pm

ricotheawesomecat wrote:I like a lot of it, I really don't buy everything but I try to get at least 3 songs a week, if anything bad comes out, I just go back and get something else.

That's pretty much what I do, this week marks the first time I've actually run out of points and couldn't get all the songs I wanted... Sad
PsychoCheerio
PsychoCheerio

Back to top Go down

Post by Nourez Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 pm

I like it. Rush and Megadeth are pretty good, but I could probably have picked some better stuff. RHCP aren't my cup of tea. The singles so far are also pretty good. I'm just counting down to the Foo Fighters album.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

https://parawhores.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ricotheawesomecat Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm honestly not a big Motley Crue fan so next week seems like another catchup week.
ricotheawesomecat
ricotheawesomecat

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaptor Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 pm

Most of it is pretty good. I dont download a lot, but if there is one that I really like then I'll grab it. But i can appreciate what people like. Im just anxiously waiting The Color and The Shape. And more Paramore ofcourse Very Happy
RedRaptor
RedRaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ThadJarvis64 Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:30 pm

I would really like get some Sevendust, Angels and Airwaves, Motorhead, and Paramore cheers as DLC sometime soon.
ThadJarvis64
ThadJarvis64

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 am

ThadJarvis64 wrote:I would really like get some Sevendust, Angels and Airwaves, Motorhead, and Paramore cheers as DLC sometime soon.

I woudn't mind those. I'll be seeing AvA with Weezer in 1 day.

I'm enjoying what were getting at the moment. with Foo's, Janes addiction and SRV on the way not to mention the rumoured Dr. Feelgood album for next week and 20 free DLC I'm quite happy with whats comming down the pipe. Very Happy
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by ricotheawesomecat Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Right now I'm pretty sad with it, not getting any Motley Crue next week.
It hurts...
ricotheawesomecat
ricotheawesomecat

Back to top Go down

Post by PsychoCheerio Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:12 pm

I was hoping for some singles with Crue, but I guess it'll be one of my weeks to catch up on some stuff I missed, like this past week...
PsychoCheerio
PsychoCheerio

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:36 pm

Deheeheeecent! I was at Cruefest back in august. This is probably my favourite album released to date.

Foo's will take that honour soon enough though.
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by ThadJarvis64 Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:21 pm

I am borrowing Rock Band 1 from a friend , so that I can transfer all the songs to Rock Band 2, since no Paramore DLC is coming anytime soon.
ThadJarvis64
ThadJarvis64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum