Parawhore Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerts you've been to/Are going to.

+2
Nourez
Nitz13
6 posters

Go down

Concerts you've been to/Are going to. Empty Concerts you've been to/Are going to.

Post by Nitz13 Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:51 am

Well thought I should make something like this since I've been to a ton of concerts this year, and literally just got back from Weezer tonight. Boy great show!
This year so far:
Iron Maiden x2 (with Lauren Harris)
Against Me! (with Japanther and a band whose name I can't remember at the moment)
Foo Fighters (with Against Me! and Hifi Handgrenades)
Cruefest: Motley Crue, Buck Cherry, Papa Roach, Sixx A.M. and Trapt
Stone Temple Pilots (with Sloan)
Weezer (with Angels and Airwaves and Tokyo Police Club)

Up Comming:
Rise Against

Best so far has been Maiden but that was expected with the stage show they put together. how do you top a Giant Eddie???
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Concerts you've been to/Are going to. Empty Re: Concerts you've been to/Are going to.

Post by Nourez Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:26 pm

None T.T

EVERY DAMN TIME I WANT TO GO TO ONE I END BEING BUSY. GOD HATES ME!!!

Also, most of my friends don't have any musical taste at all, with their stupid ass J Pop and RnB, so I don't know who I would go with.

Also, for any of you who have been to a Paramore concert, how was the crowd? I would love to go, but there are only so many screaming 12 year old girls a guy can take... It'd be kinda creepy, cuz by the time the new CD is out and they start touring again, I'll probably be 18.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

https://parawhores.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Concerts you've been to/Are going to. Empty Re: Concerts you've been to/Are going to.

Post by ricotheawesomecat Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Nourez wrote:
Also, for any of you who have been to a Paramore concert, how was the crowd? I would love to go, but there are only so many screaming 12 year old girls a guy can take... It'd be kinda creepy, cuz by the time the new CD is out and they start touring again, I'll probably be 18.
There may be plenty of 12 year old girls, but there are SOME more mature audience members. And most of the girls are closer to being 15.

I've seen
Paramore twice at Tinley Park
The Fall of Troy at the House of Blues
Lollapalooza - Rage Against The Machine, Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Bang Camaro, The Black Keys, Innerpartysystem.
And I'm going to go see I Set My Friends on Fire in two weeks. Very Happy
ricotheawesomecat
ricotheawesomecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Nourez wrote:None T.T

EVERY DAMN TIME I WANT TO GO TO ONE I END BEING BUSY. GOD HATES ME!!!

Also, most of my friends don't have any musical taste at all, with their stupid ass J Pop and RnB, so I don't know who I would go with.
I used to be the same way most of my friends were of Asian decent and weren't into anything I had ever heard of, or could understand. Rolling Eyes I met a couple guys at my workplace who are into some of the same stuff. So I usually go with them.

ricotheawesomecat wrote:
Lollapalooza - Rage Against The Machine, Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Bang Camaro, The Black Keys, Innerpartysystem.

I'm jealous you not only got to see Paramore (Twice!) but also Bang Camaro!?!?!?!? Sad
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaptor Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Ive seen

Kansas (Twice)
311 (Meh band)
Foreginer (AWESOME)
Boston(Love the band, concert was meh)
Switchfoot (That concert made them my favorite band of all time)
Blackberry Smoke (Pretty big indy group that opened for Boston, they were better then Boston)

I want to see Switchfoot again, Paramore, The Foo's, Greenday, Staind, Shine Down, Angles and Airwaves (although I remember a new years show, and they sounded TERRIBLE), Buck Cherry, Blue October, Jimmy Eat World, MCR, Skillet.

Im gonna be seeing Trans Siberian Ochestra at the beggining of Nov, and im pretty stoked about that.
RedRaptor
RedRaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:39 pm

RedRaptor wrote:Ive seen

Kansas (Twice)
311 (Meh band)
Foreginer (AWESOME)
Blackberry Smoke (Pretty big indy group that opened for Boston, they were better then Boston)

I want to see Switchfoot again, Paramore, The Foo's, Greenday, Staind, Shine Down, Angles and Airwaves (although I remember a new years show, and they sounded TERRIBLE), Buck Cherry, Blue October, Jimmy Eat World, MCR, Skillet.

Im gonna be seeing Trans Siberian Ochestra at the beggining of Nov, and im pretty stoked about that.

I hope your kidding! They were fucking awesome! The Adventure was one of the best songs of the night. they sounded amazing mst have just been the show you were at definitely try to check them out again.

Foo's your outta luck with them on their Hiatus Sad My Hero live is just awe inspiring.

Buck Cherry wasn't anything spectacular, don't get your hopes up. Papa Roach as better than them with Jacoby actually going into the crowd. walked through the stands while singing Time is Running Out. That was epic.

Also caught a bit of MCR at Virgin Music Festival last summer, they were pretty good didn't stay long though, I was there for Billy Talent and Rise Against. Cool

aside from the bands I mentioned also seen.
Billy Talent x2
Rise Against x2
Anti-Flag
Veer (Local Vancouver band)
Sum41
Finger Eleven
Die Mannequinn
30 Seconds to Mars
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by PsychoCheerio Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Um...the only "concerts" I've been to were at PAX the past 2 years, and I don't know if they truly count but I got to see Jonathon Coulton and Freezepop...
PsychoCheerio
PsychoCheerio

Back to top Go down

Post by Nourez Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Nitz13 wrote:
RedRaptor wrote:Ive seen

Kansas (Twice)
311 (Meh band)
Foreginer (AWESOME)

I hope your kidding! They were fucking awesome! The Adventure was one of the best songs of the night. they sounded amazing mst have just been the show you were at definitely try to check them out again.

Foo's your outta luck with them on their Hiatus Sad My Hero live is just awe inspiring.

Buck Cherry wasn't anything spectacular, don't get your hopes up. Papa Roach as better than them with Jacoby actually going into the crowd. walked through the stands while singing Time is Running Out. That was epic.

Also caught a bit of MCR at Virgin Music Festival last summer, they were pretty good didn't stay long though, I was there for Billy Talent and Rise Against. Cool

aside from the bands I mentioned also seen.
Billy Talent x2
Rise Against x2
Anti-Flag
Veer (Local Vancouver band)
Sum41
Finger Eleven
Die Mannequinn
30 Seconds to Mars

I've never seen any live video's of AVA, but I remember clearly that Tom could not sing AT ALL in Blink-182. Whenever I watched/listened to live Blink, I would skip to the song that Mark sang, simply because Tom sounded that bad. I've heard he isn't much better in AVA.

Also, Rico, in the crowd, would a bunch of 17-20 (IE, Myself, Raptor, and Nitz) year old guys feel out of place? I don't mind not being the majority, but I don't want to come off as a creepy pedophile. And yes, most of the people I know are Asian. That's just how it rolls here in Toronto, we've got a TON of ethnic diversity. Sometimes it good, sometimes it can be kinda annoying to find someone with the same musical taste as you.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ricotheawesomecat Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Nitz13 wrote:

ricotheawesomecat wrote:

I'm jealous you not only got to see Paramore (Twice!) but also Bang Camaro!?!?!?!? Sad
If it makes you feel any better I only caught the last 20 minutes....
ricotheawesomecat
ricotheawesomecat

Back to top Go down

Post by holyconfessor Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:05 pm

I haven't been to many as i just started going to concerts this year but here are the ones I've seen:

Paramore
Jimmy Eat World
Phantom Planet
Panic At The Disco
Augustana
holyconfessor
holyconfessor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaptor Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:41 pm

holyconfessor wrote:I haven't been to many as i just started going to concerts this year but here are the ones I've seen:

Paramore
Jimmy Eat World
Phantom Planet
Panic At The Disco
Augustana

Jelous....MUCH!
RedRaptor
RedRaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by holyconfessor Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:43 am

I actually wanted to go to the Weezer/Angels & Airwaves concert here yesterday but the tickets were too much. $50 for GA? Too much IMO.
holyconfessor
holyconfessor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nourez Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:12 am

holyconfessor wrote:I actually wanted to go to the Weezer/Angels & Airwaves concert here yesterday but the tickets were too much. $50 for GA? Too much IMO.

Nothing at all compared to an AC/DC concert. I'm not too big on them, but a couple of guys I know payed almost 200 a piece for GA.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:35 pm

Nourez wrote:
holyconfessor wrote:I actually wanted to go to the Weezer/Angels & Airwaves concert here yesterday but the tickets were too much. $50 for GA? Too much IMO.

Nothing at all compared to an AC/DC concert. I'm not too big on them, but a couple of guys I know payed almost 200 a piece for GA.

For AC/DC?

Cause I'd be more than willing to pay $200 for Floor at the Vancouver AC/DC show. Those are like $600 its $300 just for upper balcony No
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nourez Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:25 pm

Nitz13 wrote:
Nourez wrote:

For AC/DC?

Cause I'd be more than willing to pay $200 for Floor at the Vancouver AC/DC show. Those are like $600 its $300 just for upper balcony No

Might have been nosebleeds or balcony. I wasn't paying too much attention to them, I just know they were complaining that the tickets were absurdly expensive.

I checked ticketmaster. It's for the level 500 seating (Upper level, right by the edge of the balcony). At the Air Canada Centre, those aren't half bad seats. Of course, I've only been to ACC for Raptors and Leafs games (and I usually fork up the money to buy seats in the first 10 rows), so I dunno how they would be for concerts...

Of course, the most expensive seats are a whopping $10, 700 for a private box. Now that would be fun Smile General lower level tickets are 500. Brian Johnson and company must be making a pretty penny of of these concerts. Just for reference, Cobra Starship tickets are $17 for GA (Only ticket available), and the venue is much nicer.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaptor Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:19 pm

On my way home, I was listening to the radio and low and behold a comercial came on. It was advertising a concert that was roughly an hour and a half away. I didnt pay much attention to it but then they said Switchfoot would be a guest there. Needless to say I nearly crapped my pants. Ive been waiting to see them for several years now, and hears my chance. Luckly the main appearance is Three Doors Down, not my favorite band, but there's nothing by them I havnt liked. So looks like 3 weeks from now Im going to 2 great concerts. Three Doors Down/Switchfoot and Trans Siberian Orchestra. In other words, Im stoked!
RedRaptor
RedRaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:31 pm

Cool I passed on 3 Doors Down, Staind and Hinder earlier this year just not "Big" into the 3 just know a few major songs.
However I'm myself am Personally Stoked little over a Week till Rise Against gonna be my third time seeing them and I know htey wont disappoint.
Although I'm sad they never play Paper Wings thats like one of my all time favourite songs. Sad
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum