Parawhore Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I broke my copy of riot!

5 posters

Go down

I broke my copy of riot! Empty I broke my copy of riot!

Post by Nourez Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:35 pm

Left it on the floor. It got in a fight with my foot. It hurt but I crushcrushcrushed it. Crying or Very sad Now I gotta buy a new one.

10 bucks gone on one big crunch. Oh well...

On the bright side I learnt today that iTunes and iPhone support ALAC files, so I guess when I get my new copy, I'll be ripping it lossless.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

https://parawhores.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I broke my copy of riot! Empty Re: I broke my copy of riot!

Post by ricotheawesomecat Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Nourez wrote:Left it on the floor. It got in a fight with my foot. It hurt but I crushcrushcrushed it. Crying or Very sad Now I gotta buy a new one.

10 bucks gone on one big crunch. Oh well...

On the bright side I learnt today that iTunes and iPhone support ALAC files, so I guess when I get my new copy, I'll be ripping it lossless.
I burned my copy of AWKIF out. Seriously, I played it so much it broke. Never did buy a new one though, already had it all on my computer.
ricotheawesomecat
ricotheawesomecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nourez Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:49 pm

Haha, I can't even find a copy of AWKIF. I have no decent music stores near where I live, and my local Best Buy (Futureshop actually, it's owned by BB) only recently began stocking Riot. Basically, I can get my hands on CDs that have gone platinum or higher...
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PsychoCheerio Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:00 am

I pretty much download all my music from Itunes or things of that nature because I'm to lazy to actually go to a store to buy the CD so that I can stuff it away once it's on my computer...

I would be worried but I have my music folder backed up on like 3 different hard drives...
PsychoCheerio
PsychoCheerio

Back to top Go down

Post by Nourez Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 pm

I'm not too big on iTunes. If I'm gonna pay, why not go for the physical disk and get all the packaging and stuff? I mean, iTunes isn't any cheaper. The other problem is that iTunes' MP3s are only at 320KBPS. Being a big audiophile (My earbuds cost more than my iPhone O.o ), I like using lossless audio files, and the only easy and legal way to get them is by ripping a CD. Also, the whole lazy thing isn't a problem for me, as I have a Futureshop (Best Buy) directly across my school, so I can just walk over during lunch. Also, I just checked, and Riots on sale for 10 bucks. So I guess I have plans for tomorrow.

OK, fine iTunes is a LITTLE cheaper (8 bucks for the CD), but honestly, I'd still rather pay the extra 2 bucks and just get another CD. Also helps that I don't have a CC, so I would have to walk over to Futureshop and buy a prepaid iTunes card anyways.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaptor Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:26 pm

Nourez wrote:I'm not too big on iTunes. If I'm gonna pay, why not go for the physical disk and get all the packaging and stuff? I mean, iTunes isn't any cheaper. The other problem is that iTunes' MP3s are only at 320KBPS. Being a big audiophile (My earbuds cost more than my iPhone O.o ), I like using lossless audio files, and the only easy and legal way to get them is by ripping a CD. Also, the whole lazy thing isn't a problem for me, as I have a Futureshop (Best Buy) directly across my school, so I can just walk over during lunch. Also, I just checked, and Riots on sale for 10 bucks. So I guess I have plans for tomorrow.

OK, fine iTunes is a LITTLE cheaper (8 bucks for the CD), but honestly, I'd still rather pay the extra 2 bucks and just get another CD. Also helps that I don't have a CC, so I would have to walk over to Futureshop and buy a prepaid iTunes card anyways.

Agreed. About the only time I actually buy anything off Itunes is if its a single off a CD I would prefer not to buy. Other wise I end up buying the CD, just seems more worth it.

As for my Riot! CD: Its safely nestled in my CD booklet or my CD player in my car!
RedRaptor
RedRaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:00 am

I buy a lot of CD's and a few hard to find ones over the internet. For example I picked up the Vagiant CD, ripped it to my computer and put the CD away in my collection, so nothing ever happens to it.
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nourez Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:51 am

I usually don't play CDs after I rip em. I have a pretty nice Harmon/Kardon sounds system in the living room, and a Bose one in my bedroom. I usually listen in my room (Bose isn't that great, but not bad), mostly cuz there's usually other people in the living room. My rooms soundsystem is diskless, I'm streaming from iTunes to an Airport express. The Living Room setup is a little older, so I actually got DVD player hooked up that is also used for CDs. I left the CD in a few days ago, and someone took it out and left it lying around. You can figure out the rest.

Either way, I should be getting a new copy sometime today.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitz13 Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:06 am

Nourez wrote:I usually don't play CDs after I rip em. I have a pretty nice Harmon/Kardon sounds system in the living room, and a Bose one in my bedroom. I usually listen in my room (Bose isn't that great, but not bad), mostly cuz there's usually other people in the living room. My rooms soundsystem is diskless, I'm streaming from iTunes to an Airport express. The Living Room setup is a little older, so I actually got DVD player hooked up that is also used for CDs. I left the CD in a few days ago, and someone took it out and left it lying around. You can figure out the rest.

This is pretty much the way I am. After ripping a CD to my computer. I safely tuck it away in my collection. I mainly use my MP3 player, occasionally I'll use my CD player. It's funny my friends always bug me about it. I get the whole, If you just rip them to the computer why not save money and download it, argument. I like to support my bands especially the not so big bands. (Just got my Bang Camaro CD/Tee in the mail!) Also just shows your that much more of a fan, you went out of your way to pick up the CD.
Nitz13
Nitz13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nourez Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:16 am

Nitz13 wrote:
Nourez wrote:I usually don't play CDs after I rip em. I have a pretty nice Harmon/Kardon sounds system in the living room, and a Bose one in my bedroom. I usually listen in my room (Bose isn't that great, but not bad), mostly cuz there's usually other people in the living room. My rooms soundsystem is diskless, I'm streaming from iTunes to an Airport express. The Living Room setup is a little older, so I actually got DVD player hooked up that is also used for CDs. I left the CD in a few days ago, and someone took it out and left it lying around. You can figure out the rest.

This is pretty much the way I am. After ripping a CD to my computer. I safely tuck it away in my collection. I mainly use my MP3 player, occasionally I'll use my CD player. It's funny my friends always bug me about it. I get the whole, If you just rip them to the computer why not save money and download it, argument. I like to support my bands especially the not so big bands. (Just got my Bang Camaro CD/Tee in the mail!) Also just shows your that much more of a fan, you went out of your way to pick up the CD.

Agreed. Of course, part of the reason I never use my CDs again is simply because I actually don't own a CD player. Wirelessly streaming music wins. I just finished replacing the DVD player I was using as a CD player on my Home Entertainment system with my 360 streaming from my Mac. I officially only need to use CDs once. I don't own a car, so I really got no reason at ALL to buy CDs except for ripping lossless files and collecting. I would collect vinyls except you can't rip em. Actually, is it legal to buy a vinyl and download the tracks on it? I mean, technically, you do own the music on the vinyl, you just are getting it in a format that is useful to you.
Nourez
Nourez
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down